- The Types of Personal Data that We Collect
Personal data is information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual, and it could be as simple as a name or a number, or could include other identifiers such as an IP address, a cookie identifier, or other factors.
We collect personal data in order to provide our services to you; maintain communications with you; and/or in order to comply with applicable law. Please note that if we have requested personal data from you and you decide that you do not want to share certain personal data with us, then this may prevent us from: (i) providing our services to you; or (ii) entering into a contract to provide services to you. In these circumstances we will ensure we notify you when reasonably possible to do so.
We collect different types of personal data for different reasons, including when you visit our website, geolocation information in order to ensure that we comply with applicable data protection laws and any contact information you provide to us when completing a contact or registration form to receive marketing or other collateral documentation from us.
Categories of Personal Data collected
- Work contact details (telephone, mobile phone, e-mail address, postal address).
- Personal contact details (telephone, mobile phone, e-mail address).
- How do we Get Your Personal Data
Personal data collected through our website
Most of the personal data we process about you is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- when you contact us on our website;
- when you complete a registration form on our website;
- when you register for one of our webinars;
- when you attend a meeting or video conference, event or webinar that we host or attend;
- when you contact us via social media, for example Twitter; and
- when you provide us with your details at an event.
Personal Data from a Third Party
We may also receive personal data indirectly, from the following sources:
- from our third party lead generation providers in order for us to send marketing material to individuals: (i) that have consented to their details being shared with us and to receive marketing material; or (ii) where we have a legitimate interest in sending you our marketing material and our legitimate interest does not override your data protection interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms; and
- from our third party partners in order for us to send marketing material to individuals: (i) that have consented to their details being shared with us and to receive marketing material, or (ii) where we have a legitimate interest in sending you our marketing material and our legitimate interest does not override your data protection interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms.
We ensure that, where we receive your personal data indirectly, the third party providing your personal data has the necessary lawful basis to share your personal data with us.
- Why do we Have Your Personal Data
We use your personal data in order to, where applicable:
- respond to any questions or requests;
- communicate with you and provide any further information about our LiiV Center activities, events and services;
- maintain a business relationship with you;
- undertake our contractual obligations;
- provide our services to you;
- include you in webinars;
- undertake direct marketing, advertising and public relations activities, in connection with the LiiV Group business activities, our packages and our services (including to make recommendations about our services, package updates, surveys, events and webinars), and to inform you about developments within the LiiV Group;
- where necessary, comply with laws and regulations, under judicial authorisation, or to exercise or defend the legal rights of the LiiV Group; and
- help us conduct our business more effectively and efficiently, or improve our packages and services.
In all circumstances we only use your personal data for the purpose it was collected unless we reasonably believe that we need to use such personal data for another, related purpose, and it is legally possible to do so. If we need to use your personal data for any other purpose we will notify you and let you know the lawful basis on which we propose to rely.
- Sharing Your Personal Data
- The LiiV Group, for details on the locations please see Section 15 below;
- IT service providers, for example Mail Chimp;
- professional advisors, for example insurers, lawyers and other applicable professional bodies;
- CRM service providers, for example Salesforce; and
- marketing service providers;
- to any law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary, for example to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or we are compelled to disclose such personal data to comply with the law;
- to any other person you have consented to us to share personal data with.
- Lawful Basis for Processing your Personal Data
Under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (“GDPR”), the lawful bases that we normally rely on for processing your personal data, detailed above, are:
- Consent. You are able to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contractual Obligation. Where processing is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations to you.
- Legitimate Interest. Where we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data, if this is the case we will inform you of what our legitimate interest is at the time of collecting your personal data.
Other Lawful Bases for Processing your Personal Data
We may need to process your personal data in order to comply with applicable laws, in these circumstances we have a legal obligation to process your data, but we will inform you if this is the case.
In the event we store any Special Category Data (as defined by GDPR) the lawful basis for processing is determined by the category of personal data being processed. In the event this relates to Special Category Data contained in a dataset, we rely on your consent to process such personal data.
Where we undertake direct marketing, we only do so with your consent and/or where we have a legitimate interest to do so, but in any event, you have the option to opt out of any direct marketing at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in our marketing material.
- How we Store Your Personal Data and for How Long
|Type of Personal Data||Where Your Personal Data is stored||How Long we Keep Your Personal Data|
|Customer Personal Data
Name Work contact details (telephone, mobile phone, e-mail address, postal address)
Personal contact details (telephone, mobile phone, e-mail address)
|MailChimp||As long as it is necessary in order for us to maintain the business relationship we have with you. This means we keep your personal data for as long as is necessary if we have a legitimate interest to process your personal data.|
In order to maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal data we have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures.
- International Data Transfers
In order to provide our services to you it may be necessary to transfer your personal data to a country that is different to the country in which we collected your personal data, and such country may not apply the same level of data protection.
As we are a global enterprise we have implemented an intra-group data transfer agreement that applies the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission in order to safeguard your personal data. In the event we need to make an international transfer to a third party we ensure that we do so in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
- CCPA Compliance (Applicable to California Residents Only)
When we act as a “Business” (as defined in the CCPA) we may process your “Personal Information”. “Personal Information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household, this includes but it not limited to:
- identifiers, for example your name, alias, postal address, email address or other similar identifiers;
- any categories of personal information described in Section 1798.80(e) of the CCPA, for example employment history, signature, or financial information;
- biometric information;
- geolocation data; and
- audio, electronic or visual data.
If we process your Personal Information and we determine the purposes and means of the processing, for example when undertaking marketing activities, it is because we are a Business. In this circumstance we rely on the CCPA marketing exemption allowing us to: (i) store marketing data on third party systems, provided applicable terms are in place with our service provider; (ii) provide opt-outs from marketing communications, as opposed to requiring an opt-in; and (iii) follow applicable cookie consents on our website.
- Your Data Protection Rights
When you subscribe to our services, you trust us with certain personal data. We understand that it is essential we work hard to protect your personal data and provide you with the access you need to feel in control of your personal data you provide to us.
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- your right of access – you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal data;
- your right to rectification – you have the right to ask us to rectify personal data you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete;
- your right to erasure – you have the right to ask us to erase your personal data in certain circumstances;
- your right to restriction of processing – you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- your right to object to processing – you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances; and
- your right to data portability – you have the right to ask that we transfer your personal data you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you do make a request, we will respond to you within one month. Please contact us by email at email@example.com; by post at LiiV (c/o Telmar Communications Ltd), Fora, 35-41 Folgate Street, Spitalfields, London, E1 6BX; or by telephone at +44 (0) 207 467 2599.
- Our Contact Details
If you are resident in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom our contact details are as follows:
|Name:||LiiV (c/o Telmar Communications Ltd)|
|Address:||Fora, 35-41 Folgate Street, Spitalfields, London, E1 6BX|
|Phone Number:||+44 (0) 207 467 2599|
- How to Complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal data, you can make a complaint to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at:
For the attention of: Legal Team
LiiV (c/oTelmar Communications Ltd)
Fora, 35-41 Folgate Street
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal data. The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113 ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
- LiiV Group Entities
We have set out below the different LiiV Group Entities that we share personal data with in accordance with our intra-group data transfer agreement, further described in Section 9 above.
Splashlight Holding, LLC, a company incorporated in Delaware, with offices at 75 Varick Street, New York, NY 10013
Mahogany Fine Foods and Catering, LCC, a company incorporated in New York, with offices at 75 Varick Street, New York, NY 10013
Splashlight Canada Studios Limited, a company incorporated in Canada, with offices at 3665 Boulevard Poirier Saint Laurent, Quebec, H4R 3J4
Splashlight Photographic and Digital Studios LLC, a company incorporated in Delaware, with offices at 75 Varick Street, New York, NY 10013
Splashlight Technologies, LLC, a company incorporated in Delaware, with offices at 75 Varick Street, New York, NY 10013
Telmar Group, Inc., a company incorporated in Delaware, with offices at 75 Varick Street, New York, NY 10013
Telmar Information Services Corp., a company incorporated in New York, with offices at 75 Varick Street, New York, NY 10013
Telmar HMS Limited, a company incorporated in Canada, with offices at 36 King Street E. 4th Floor, Toronto, Ontario M5C 3B2
Telmar Europe Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales, with offices at Fora, 35-41 Folgate Street, Spitalfields, London, E1 6BX
Telmar Communications Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales, with offices at Fora, 35-41 Folgate Street, Spitalfields, London, E1 6BX
Telmar Peaktime SAS, a company incorporated in France, with offices at 15, place de la République, 3ème étage, 75003 Paris, France
Telmar Peaktime B.V., a company incorporated in the Netherlands, with offices at Strawinskylaan 3051, 1077 ZX, in Amsterdam
Telmar (Asia) Limited, a company incorporated in Hong Kong, with offices at Unit 46-106, 46/F, Lee Garden One, 33 Hysan Avenue, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Telmar Software (Shanghai) Limited, a company incorporated in China, with offices at Unit 12-018, 20/F, Tower 535, 535 Jaffe Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Telmar Media Systems (Pty) Ltd, a company incorporated in South Africa, with offices at Building 26, 1st Floor, The Woodlands, 131 Western Service Road, Woodmead, 2052 Johannesburg, South Africa